LegacyGT.com

HID start up colors

kostic

I did a full morimoto retrofit a couple weeks back, everything went well and it has been working great. My question is this, when I turn the lights on the driver's side bulb sometimes flashes a almost red-orange for a half second before turning back to the normal blue and then heating up to the white color. Is that normal? The passenger side does not do this whatsoever.

I have the same kit and I don't have that. I starts dim and blueish for a bit while they warm up but never redish. If one really looks red then something my be off. The retrofit source are awesome. Give them a quick call and they would be more then able to assist.

I have the same kit and one of my two blubs has flicker when starting. My right one flashes really fast 5-6 times but they both heat up to a normal color. The little bubble in the middle of the light bulb on the flicker side is odd, half is normal looking, half looks like a white/yellow burnt crust.

Lastly, do you guys get any wiggle when hitting small, common bumps like bridges gaps or small road cracks? My DDMs & OEMs were solid but the Morimotos def have noticible shake even after rechecking the seating.

Talked to someone at The Retrofit Source and he said that the small yellow burst is normal when the bulb is new but if it lasts for another week or so I should call them again.

I do not have any flickering when I turn the lights on, they just turn on and warm up in about 45 seconds. I do notice a small amount of movement when I hit bumps at speed but it's barely visible.

Archived