LegacyGT.com

Double Din Tips?

I would like to install a stereo with a screen in my 98 gt. Not one of the ones that flips out though. I was wondering if anyone has one installed and what kind it is. If you can post up a picture of it.

Think this will work?

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Boss-Audio-BV9150-4.5-Double-DIN-Touchscreen-TFT-Monitor-Multimedia-Detachable-Front-Panel-USB-SD-Card-Slot-Front-Aux-In-AM-FM-Wireless-Remote-80W-X-4-BV9150?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=GoogleBaseFeed

If you look through the threads Ive started, youll find one where I installed a Double Din Pioneer Avic 9115 BT in my outback with no issues. All Double Dins fit perfectly in 98's from what Ive seen.

What kind of Head Unit do you have or want?

Id suggest Alpine or Kenwood if your gonna want navi. they source out or dump a lot of $$$ into Research and Development for thier Navi systems, Pioneer didnt. Ive got navi installed and still use my garmin portable :lol:

Feel free to ask specific questions, and I will help you out best I can .

Adam

well I just found a head unit that i have some interest in. Single din unit with a 7in lcd screen.

A soundstream VIR 7022nr.

Anyone have any experience with these and know the quality?

http://www.soundstream.com/Video%20Products/InDash/vir7022nr.htm

I would steer clear of Soundstream when shopping for headunits. My personal recommendation is the same as stated above, Kenwood or Alpine with Kenwood being my personal choice. If you don't care about nav, check out the Kenwood DDX-318. You should be able to get one for under $350. Pioneer units from the last couple of years are much better than in the past and as much I dislike Sony, their double din units are decent.

The unit you linked to is not a double din, and the way that the screen comes out could very likely cause issues with fitment in your dash. A double din will bolt right in to your dash using the factory radio brackets and will look much better.

how do you feel about the sony xav 62bt? i think thats what im going with

It should be a good unit. I installed one that was very similar and I was really impressed with it. Ive been selling against Sony for 17 years, so It's not easy for me to admit that. My only concern is that it only has two pairs of preamp outputs which would be a hindrance if you plan on adding multiple amplifiers. If you do not plan to add amps or only a sub amp, you'll be in good shape. If you want to expand beyond that then you are going to want to find something with three pairs of pre-outs. If you end up going with this unit, post your impressions of it.

Archived