LegacyGT.com

Just Bought a 97 Legacy 2.5 GT need some help

some folks do run with no timing covers. it does not affect how the car runs as long as nothing, (like rocks, sticks, oil, gas, or sand,) damages the belt. but if the beklt has been damaged , all bets are off.

but i doubt that is your problem.

more likely is that what ever caused the damage to your covers, also caused your timing to jump???????????????

assuming this engine was in the car when the covers were damaged.

could that be it? i replaced the cam pos sensor and knock sensor, it still runs shitty and the code 341 (cam pos sensor is still coming up). i thought it would be a shitty coil because ill unplug the 4th spark plug wire from the coil and the motor doesn't flinch, and there's no spark for a good second or two then it sparks and grounds on the intake and ill plug it back in and it runs smoother for a second and back to shitty, ill take a vid of what i meen tomorrow when its sunny out..

i took a vid of me climbing to 55, which seriously took about 30 seconds. if the coil and plug wires i ordered dont fix the issue and it does seem like the belt slipped, it will be the next on my list of things to do.

at 13 seconds and 22 seconds i tried WOT so listen closely to how it sounds there and let me know if it sounds like the timing jumped. but im pretty sure it would run quite shitty all the time not just wot. but i could be wrong.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_d2hyHot7o]IMG_0692.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

Archived