LegacyGT.com

Sacramento Area: Need to borrow AccessPort OBD-II cable

GoSix

Anyone in the Sacramento area have an AccessPort OBD-II cable I can borrow for a day? I have version 1. I'm not sure if the cable changed in version 2.

When attempting to change my base map for upcoming smog (why I need to do it is a whole other story), My Version 1 Accessport stopped at Initializing ECU..., then would cycle back to "turn car off and on and press OK"...then repeat.

Checking these interwebs, it looks like people were able to fix this by getting a new cable. It's the weekend and with Thanksgiving coming up, it might be a while before I can have one ordered and delivered in a timely manner :mad:.

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

What does the AP end of your cable look like? I have one for an AP2, but it is not a USB or serial port, but the more recent one with the clip.

Also, how stupid is it that the AP can't read the readiness code?

Call me, I'm in Antelope. 769-3324

Thanks Wang, I left you a voicemail!

What does the AP end of your cable look like? I have one for an AP2, but it is not a USB or serial port, but the more recent one with the clip.

Also, how stupid is it that the AP can't read the readiness code?

Mine looks like the old serial ports or "game" ports as we used to call them. And yeah, it's pretty lame we can't read the readiness code.

I need to reflash the base map because for some strange reason I got a "P0137 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage" after I swapped back to stock DP. The Cobb base maps are supposed to override that P code. :confused:

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

Nah. This CEL can't be cleared without override. I need to change the map. Good luck on the smog, and post results!

Still looking for a Rev 1 AP cable...

Just called Cobb. They asked me if my test mode connectors are hooked up before I changed the base map. Ugh, it's been years! I totally forgot! Gonna try that tonight. Hopefully I won't need to borrow one after all. Will post when done.

Okay, I didn't need a new cable after all. I got the Cobb Stage 1 base map loaded. I hope that will fix the "P0137 - Rear O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage" CEL I had. However I had a Cobb map in there to begin with; so I should not have triggered that after swapping down pipes. Fingers crossed it doesn't CEL again when I get the readiness code.

I don't know if the Cobb stg 1 map suppresses that as on stg 1 you should have a rear 02 sensor.

Oddly enough, it triggered on a Stage 2 map, but it was custom from GST Motorsports. Even then, I'm not sure why it went off until after the stock pipe was replaced.

On Cobb's site, the notes for the Stage 1 Map from Cobb indicate it overrides P0137, pdf.

Archived