LegacyGT.com

So close but one issue remains...

Ridgeracer

Hey all,

I have had a bit of a spell with stuff breaking on my car and stuff stolen over the summer. Basically I had to replace the FMIC, BPV, MAF sensor, and AVO intake due to theft. I also had to retune the car as well. Next the radiator cracked at the top...lol. Anyways thats not my issue. I have had problems with vibration coming from the front end and a scraping metallic noise when turning right. Basically the long and short. I had my mechanic change the front left wheel bearing. It was completely shot. All the balls were gone and it was in two pieces. I thought this would have cured everything but I still had the vibration from 60mph and up. Next I balanced all the tires and aligned the car. This didn't help. Still the same scraping noise in corners and vibrations at highway speed. Next for the scraping I naturally disassembled the brake assy and regreased the backing plates all the while checking for any metal to metal contact. Nothing found. Also checked the dust shield to make sure it didn't touch the rotor. This didn't help. So I decided to change the CV axle on the left front. Didn't help and the remanufactured one doesn't have the green paint for the inboard drive cup...lol Finally today I said to myself the front left rim might be bent kinda funny causing the vibration, so I moved both front tires to the rear and vice versa (I have no idea why the stupid alignment shop with a Hunter machine didn't tell me anything about a possible bent rim)...Doh....I fixed the vibration problem with the swap but I still have the damn scraping in sharper corners. If it helps the car is riding on Koni dampers with Rallitek springs and has 18" Drag DR-25 wheels. Thx all.

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived