LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Muffler swap?

05_Silver_GT

This is kind of random and im just putting this out there as a feeler. I currently have a COBB CBE. I really like the set up but i kind of wish i had more noise.

I'm just seeing if anybody out there that has a louder set of mufflers and wants quieter ones would do a trade?

Just testing the waters..

This is kind of random and im just putting this out there as a feeler. I currently have a COBB CBE. I really like the set up but i kind of wish i had more noise.

I'm just seeing if anybody out there that has a louder set of mufflers and wants quieter ones would do a trade?

Just testing the waters..

I doubt any other mufflers would bolt up to the Cobb mid/y pipe. Do you have a downpipe installed? If not, that'll do it for you, and give you lots more power.

I doubt any other mufflers would bolt up to the Cobb mid/y pipe. Do you have a downpipe installed? If not, that'll do it for you, and give you lots more power.

I don't have a dp, i guess i didn't think about that. That might have to be the answer. Thanks for entertaining my dump moment.

P.s is that a g35 in your avatar?

I don't have a dp, i guess i didn't think about that. That might have to be the answer. Thanks for entertaining my dump moment.

P.s is that a g35 in your avatar?

When I went from Stg1 to Stg2 on my LGT, I had hogzaust at the time. With everything else stock it sounded fine, but was too loud once I gutted my downpipe cat. So I suggest either gutting your stock one, or buy a CNT catted downpipe for about $300.

Just remember that if you do either of these, you'll need to get a tune (Cobb AccessPort or custom tune). In any case, I bet you'll get the sound you want as well as 30+ HP.

That's what I miss most about the LGT...easy, cheap power. G35 isn't as responsive to mods. I have an HKS muffler arriving today, and my HFCs should be here by the end of the week. Doubt that will give me more than 10hp though (if that).

^^^ I've heard the Cobb exhaust with a downpipe on S402's car. Sounds soooooooo clean. And it makes noise, but not too loud. If you want something ridiculously loud, check out GReddy EVO2s; I used to have them on my car now they're on mrnix's car.

Archived