LegacyGT.com

Jamie Pierre dies in Utah Avalanche

Brady

I'm really ambivalent about this. Sure, he set records, but he also set records that shouldn't have been set. And did so intentionally in the name of religion. Throwing yourself off a 255 foot cliff on purpose to prove your faith in god shouldn't be an admired "accomplishment."

In many ways, I think he set the skiing world back. Is it really a tragedy if he was just over-due?

Oh, and the new world record is about 350 feet! Albeit, I'm much happier this guy holds the record. His run went horribly wrong and he lived to tell about it. I think it's better to survive a horrible accident than to survive a horribly stupid intentional act.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkZ7Tyf7_YM]Fred Syversen 107 meters (351 feet) cliff drop world record - YouTube[/ame]

Am I missing something here? You start a thread about a tragic event that claimed the life of a respected athelete, and then you rant on about the guy as if he has personally done you wrong.

I fail to see how the skiing world was set back because this one risk taker/adventure seeker does what he does in the name of God. If we do not push our boundaries, we would never get anywhere. Because of risk takers and adventure seekers we have conquered the continents, oceans, and even the moon!

How dare you talk ill of the dead? Just because you do not see things through the same perspective. The man died in a tragic accident, while doing what he loves most. Do you also think Dale Earnhardt was stupid for crashing a stock car on an oval track?

He had nothing to fear, God's timing is perfect, and he knew that! I feel sorry for his family, and our prayers are with them.

A little bit of advice: If you cannot say anything nice, don't say anything!

Archived