LegacyGT.com

Has anybody Run a Hub adapter 5x100 to 5x114.3??

minitech

There is no argument...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm FAIRLY sure that you have no idea what you are talking about.

... and after waaay too many hours researching this yesterday , I'm fairly certain you were correct in that ! LOL (and BiggTdogg too)

Man , there is a $hit ton of misinformation out there on this and very few people that were correct give any background as to why they are.

If nothing else , thanks for taking me to school on this. I'll try to be less ignorant in the future. :rolleyes:

I learned the hard way. Bought a set of OZ Mito Modulars for my Z32 off of a FD RX-7 owner. Bolt pattern was good, offset was way too high, so I hit suspension components up front. Did more research and now understand the crap out of offsets and fit. I was gonna get them rebuilt to fit my car, but ended up striking a deal with OZ America for a set of Superleggera IIIs :)

No , they would have to make each wheel in two offsets.

One version would be at maximum positive offset and the other would be at maximum negative offset.

From there , you could get the rim that would work for you and add the spacers to bring the wheel back into its original center line.

Also , you would need different widths of each wheel , each with the + & - offset versions.

You would also need the different rim sizes , IE 15" , 16" , 17" , etc , in different widths and in the +/- offsets.

Otherwise , it sounds like you have a good business model going.

Sign me up.

I'll need two sets for my Sentra work beater - 16" (summer and winter tires)

Two sets for the LGT -18" (summer and winter again)

One set for the 69 Bronco fair weather queen. 15"

and finally , one set for the 67 trailbeater bronco , this set will need to be in 16.5" AND have double beadlocks on them so I can ditch those nasty Staun internal beadlocks.

Thanks ,

HD2 :)

I am looking at buying some 06 sti 17in bbs wheels and tires for a good price. I would be putting them on an 05 lgt. I know i could just get the 04 Sti Wheels that are 5x100. But these 06 wheels are a very good deal. I would have to get hub adapters and i don't know if that would work out ok. Curious if anybody has tried this method with positive results??? I know they will probably space out about 25mm over stock.

To actually answer your question, you will effectively end up with a 17x8 et28 wheel.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1504447

While it will fit nothing like stock, it will not be that hard to fit, it will stick out about as far as a 17x8.5" et34 or 17x9" et40, which people fit all the time. In fact, if you were willing to run ~3 degrees negative camber (~4 with lowered suspension), you could probably install front camber bolts and a whiteline rear camber kit, and get them to tuck without rolling fenders.

A 25mm spacer with 4 degrees of negative camber? That is a terrible idea.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I think it's a terrible idea too. But I realize that my opinion is just.......an opinion.

From a technical standpoint it's certainly possible and actually similar to alot of the "flush" cars floating around here.

lol...show me how do you add spacer to a negative offset wheel to bring it back to the center line?

Why bother making negative offset wheel when you can just add a thick spacer to get the offset from positive to negative?

LOL , kinda lumped it all together there , didn't I ?

It got me to thinking though , if you finish both sides of the rim , you'll get both offsets in one rim .... AND ... wait for it ... you could sell'em to the dually pick-up crowd too , six at a shot!

OK , I'm gonna try to stop polluting this thread any further.

• 2 years later...

Archived