LegacyGT.com

Plug and Play STI Seat Years???

smarty

Hey guys,

I am looking to install some STI seats into my 05 Legacy and was hoping that some people could chime in with their successful swaps. Looking for people who have actually done it, not just speculating! Let me know what year of sti seats and any snags you had.

Thanks for the help,

Adam

I did a swap into my 06 wrx. I used 08 sti seats. Im looking at doing the same swap on my 05 LGT... Ill be switching over my heated seat pads to the sti seats. Im sure the swap is similar... Try this link its what i did on my 06 wrx :http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1971647&highlight=seat+swap

You've saved yourself a lot of hassle having an 05 compared to a 07+. If you have manual sliding seats then thats even better cause the 05 manual seat brackets should fit on 06 STI seats and then that would be direct bolt in. Unplugging the battery while doing the swap and then plugging everything in shouldnt cause any air bag lights on or anything I believe. I have an 07 LGT and ended up selling my 06 STI seats cause of all the difficulties I had. Theres also many other people on the board who have done this. Go to the interior sub forum and theres a guy that swapped over the heat seaters to and lays out everything for you there.

I have the 08 Sti seats in my 05 legacy. no way are they plug and play like people say. The seat brackets fit, thats it. You have to fab the seat brackets, use your stock bottom frame, and swap all the sensors and airbags for it to work. Not a simple swap like i thought.

Thanks that is exactly the info I am looking for. I am going to do new seat covers if I dont do sti seats so I am willing to put in the work. Can you tell me how the airbag swap went? I have never seen the assembly, is it on brackets?

Im not sure about the 08 STI seats (If they the same as the 04/06 STI seats) But I thought that if you swapped over your seat bracket from your OEM seat to the STI seat then they are direct bolt in. Cause its still the same bracket...just fit onto the STI seat. Also the airbag module is riveted to the seat bracket and the passenger weight sensor wont work correctly if you take it off the seat (at least from what I did). Ohh and 1 more thing!! You will have to swap over your seat belt buckles..cause you wont be ever to latch the seat belt unless you swap those over. Otherwise everything should plug right back in...minus the seat heater plug cause the seat doesnt have a seat heater. Unless you swap them over from your OEM seats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

how long did it take you to swap everything from the STI seats to your legacy seats. were you starting with power/heated legacy seats or did you have manual legacy seats.

I have a 2005 Legacy GT limited right now so I have power/leather/heated seats but my drivers side heater is dead and the leather is starting to crack. wondering if its worth the effort to throw 08+ STI seats in. Is it possible to connect up the heater and airbag in the STI seats? if someone can post wiring mod pics thats exactly what I need. thanks!

Ive got 2011 sti seats iun my 06 lgt limited. Still working on the airbag issue like everyone else. Resistor mod didnt do anything as the passenger seatbelt is integrated into the airbag and seat bladder system. I am wondering if i have to swap out the bottoms to allow everything to mate up?!

• 1 year later...

Bump from the dead. I'm installing '10 STi seats in my '08 OBXT. They physically bolt right in. I had to swap the passenger side airbag and seat belt receiver over from my car to the STi seats. The airbags are exactly the same size with the same mounting holes but differerent plug underneath. Figured that would be sufficient since everything else clicked right together.

Nope. I need to swap the passenger seat sensor over too apparently as although the airbag light doesn't stay lit, the seatbelt beep continues even with the passenger seatbelt buckled. I'm now on the search for pics how to do that.

Seriously, what is the need to have different sensors and airbag plugs and seat belts/receivers?

• 3 months later...

I just swapped 08 STi seats into my 05 LGT.

My Legacy seats have many more plugs than the STi seats.

I will share what I do. I am venturing into swapping the occupant module over from the Legacy seats to the STi seats and looking for my Legacy Air Bag Control Module to read A-OK and the beeper to cease. Driver's side was a breeze. Mechanically it all bolted directly. Just those darn wires!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Archived