LegacyGT.com

Torque converter problems ( with video)

travgag

Hey guys so I've posted plenty of threads since I've been changing a 4eat in a 97 leggy and now everything is back together and i put the old torque back in because the original TC would go in, i spent 4 hours trying, and the reason i changed the trans is because the previous owner towed it backwards with the rear wheels on the dolly and front down,

now the newer torque still wont fit in the blow trans either, the old one slipped right in, with no problem, now the torque I have in makes this noise, and i remember it making this noise slightly before i changed the trans thinking it was inside the tranny not the TC, if it even is the TC, it must be, the flex plate looked good and there wasn't any play, and the noise isnt directly related with the rev's, i wonder if it might even be a screw or bolt that is in the housing !

the sound seams to go away for a second when you shift into gear, and also for a second as you start the car,

i dont want to drive it in case it gets worse and eventually blows this transmission

any ideas? its alot of work to get the TC out and i cant even get the other one to click in,

thanks

SOLUTION ! wow after so many hours of problems and searching it is fixed !! the transmission has stopped whining,

what it was : the transmission pan was dented from the junk yard and caused it to seal off the filter input causing the pump to cavitate (air bubles in the pump), took off the pan bashed it out and replaced the filter, all good now !

hope this helps people in the future !

thanks everyone

keywords: cavitating cavitate cavitation air bubles transmission 4eat subaru legacy outback 97 whine whinning noise tourque converter

orgininal thread

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/torque-conveter-noise-video-173811.html?p=3626221#post3626221

Archived