LegacyGT.com

alpine PXE-660 vs audiocontrol LC7

torinalth

so, I know that the alpine is better overall, having the EQ, time corrections, and the internal crossovers.... question is it worth the cost difference over te LC7 with just its crossover, internal summing, line driver, and the $70 savings. at some point in the distant years I'll get the JDM setup and a new HU, but my old HU is down and out, so the HU cost pus JDM unit is way down the line, but I simply cant stand the gloriously weak stereo anymore so its going to be one or the other.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had any experience with the LC7. I have used the Audioncontrol LC6i however.

I will note that the Alpine PXE H650 is the first OEM processor upgrade I had. It is much like the newer version (660) except the H650 is white and a computer/lap top IS required unlike the new H660 where you can manually tune/calibrate on the module itself. Also, I do believe the H660 comes with a remote and is black instead of white.

I was running a 3 way active + sub "system" in my vehicle. After a few months, I upgraded to a JBL MS-8. I will say that both the Alpines lack in terms of flexability compared to the MS-8. The JBL is equipped with "Autotone" basically the holy grail of DSP. Many "autones" have been "produced" over the years, problem is none of them work! The JBL MS-8's autone does:)

I am now sitting w/ a Mini DSP 2 x 8 board w/ it's own software and I must say it kicks asss

Archived