LegacyGT.com

At what mileage do I have to replace all 4?

resipsa99

I hit a gaping pothole yesterday and destroyed one of the RE92s on my '05 LGT. I have 5,000 miles on the car. If I had the extra cash, I'd prefer to replace all 4 with something other than RE92s, but my question is, do I HAVE to replace all 4 at that mileage? That is, can I run 3 RE92s w/5,000 miles of wear and one new one?

Honestly i dont think unless you are screeching around every corner that the wear between 0 and 5000 miles will be that noticeable that you cant ride with one new tire until you make a decision on what to do with the whole set.
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

ask them about the new z rated fuzion tires, i just had the same problem last week and it was 208 for one of the potenzas or i ended up getting 4 of the h rated fuzions for under 500 mounted, balanced, with road hazard and everything, but i wnet back the next day and upgraded to the z rated ones for another 70 bucks or so, definately worth the money. I think ill just pick up another re92 closer to winter and use em as winter tires.

If you're not unhappy with your tires now you will be soon enough. Spend the extra bucks and buy some good tires. There are plenty of threads to peruse for suggestions.

Archived