LegacyGT.com

Tried to fix dash lights, broke other stuff. Help?

goodsonn

Hey, finally registered after using this forum several times to learn about my car. Thanks for having me.

Car Details:

Car:1993 Legacy L FWD 2.2 engine for all I can tell

Mileage:~170k

Story:

Dash lights were out when I bought it. I finally get around to replacing them them (they turned out to be burnt-out) and have a great time taking apart my dash. I put it all back together. I also check fuses before all this (every single one) and found my 15a "hazard" fuse was missing. I replaced this before plugging my battery back in. Reconnect battery and start car, dash lights work, seat belt rails work, door chime works (all previously dis-functional).

Issues:

So a few things changed after I come back after cleaning up. My turn signals no longer work. My hazards/door chime/seat belt rails returned to their dis-functional state. I check the "hazard" fuse and it has blown, replaced it again and boom blows again. My fuel gauge is busted (something snapped the meter off its little spindle).

Questions:

What did I do that caused the turn signals to stop working and how could I diagnose/fix them?

How can I troubleshoot/diagnose the "hazard" fuse blowing out?

What is the best course of action for the fuel gauge?

Thanks a lot for your time and I look forward to getting my scoober back on the road!

Cheers,

Nate

Archived