LegacyGT.com

Anyone in the Durham NC area that can help

SBT

I have medical appointments tomorrow at Duke UMC and then head back to SC on Wednesday. On the drive up from SC today, the CEL came on and, as expected, the cruise began to flash. It happened just before we pulled off in Lumberton to fill-up and when I checked the engine, I found the Throttle Body hose was not connected to the IC.

The craptastic silicone neck that goes over the TB hose just slipped off so there was an air gap. Hopefully it wasn't running too lean (if anything should be running rich), and I just need to reset the CEL. Took off the neck, jammed the TMIC into the TB hose and retightened it down. Car seemed to run fine, except no cruise - since the CEL is not reset. Was optimistic that a few on/off cycles would clear the CEL, but it didn't.

Is there anyone in the Durham area that could help out, someone that might have an AccessPort V2, or a code reader that I could use to check the codes and reset the CEL. Almost brought my AP on this trip, but left it sitting on my workbench in my garage. Would be happy to treat dinner or at least some beverage of your choosing. LMK via PM the best way to get in touch with you. Staying at the Hilton on Hillsborough Rd in Durham. Thanks all in advance.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Is there an autoparts store nearby? They'd do it free.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'm looking into that too. Just got to the hotel, we're both hungry and tired so will look into it as soon as practical. Figured that if there's a member in the area, good way to meet too...although more of mini-meet... :)

Make a left out of the Hotel onto Hillsborough Road. About a mile down, on the left, is an AutoZone. There is a blockbuster in the shopping center, and a Shell station a bit past. Any turn after the highway, but before the Shell will get you there, I think.

Their number is (919) 309-4892 (), and their address is:

3438 Hillsborough Road, Durham, NC 27705

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

They can. It isn't illegal. They will read it for free, and I bet you could easily convince them to accidentally hit the reset button.

Stopped by this AM and asked if they had a reader. They did, manager walked out to the car with me and after it took too long to handshake with the ECU he went back inside. Turns out it's nearly identical to the reader that I have - so it was easy to use, just wouldn't read the code right away. Found that it had pulled the Gas Cap EVAP code so I just reset it and took it back to him. Bought some windshield washer fluid for letting me use the reader. All's good, but now I'm concerned the cap might actually be leaking and without a way to put it under vacuum, it's hard to tell. Just wondering whether the TB hose being "off" would create enough vacuum lost in the EVAP system to cause this. Cap gasket looks good with no cracks, surface irregularities, or other issues, and I always tweak it hard when I put it back on.

3 clicks is standard.

Just keep an eye on it. If the code pops up again, look into it further. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Archived