LegacyGT.com

Wagon Roof Rack Question

Southern Scooby

Hello All,

As ski season is rapidly approaching :icon_mrgr I am in need of a rack system for my wagon. I have a 2005 LGT and I am a bit confused on what to go with the thule or yakima (coke or pepsi, nikon or canon, i know). But in the experience of fellow LGT'ers I would like to know what you guys think about either of the 2 companies and the products they offer to carry skis and bikes.

On another note, being 17, I need them to be affordable. I don't need the top of the line, just something that can do the job.

Sorry for the somewhat obvious question, but I searched around a bit and didn't find too much on the technicalities of roof rack fitting.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Don't know if this is the right sub-section but feel free to move it if I am in the wrong place.

your best bet is to look on Craigslist... there is no need to buy a new setup, just make sure everything locks in and is secure.

Ive only used Yakima products and Thule seems to be just as good. Theyre priced to be competitive so youre not really losing any quality by picking one over the other.

I had the Yakima Fat Cat, that holds 4 Boards or 6 Skis... its a little more expensive than the Big Powderhound and in my opinion, it looks better. They all function the same way, just make sure you get locks. These are pretty to take off a car, you just need 5min and an alan wrench!

As for a recommendation i cant really give you one but I just picked up a thule rack setup off craigs list for $150. From what i read on the forum theres not too many moving parts so not too much will break. You can also check ebay but i think craigslist will be a better bet.

Kenny

• 2 weeks later...

Archived