LegacyGT.com

5EAT dies in parking lots after stage 1 upgrade

Bettlebob

Thanks for linking to that, I never thought to look on the Cobb website to see if others were having this issue. If you get this updated map, I am very interested to know how this map works out for you. It would be nice to not have to worry about when the car is going to act up.

For more on this: https://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?68357-2005-5-idle-issue/page3

Cobb worked up a new map to test out it seems.

I went there and read the thread. However, I never saw a reference to another map nor a link to one...:confused:

After reading the thread I am in agreement with their idea that it is the AVCS settings in the staged tunes. In my own case, as part of my revisions to their Stage2+AEM V2 tune, I have completely revised the AVCS tuning. Some changes are for power and some are for fuel economy... but some have to do with the operation of the car at the very bottom end, that is, idle to boost area.

My revisions that affect the subject area include tossing out Cobb's AVCS tuning in that area. While the LGT's maps aren't within my present ability to inspect, if they are like my STi's maps Cobb has significantly increased the Intake Cam Advance down low to increase the effective compression ratio, thus low end torque. However, this can also magnify/cause operational differences between staged vs stock mapped ECUs on certain vehicles.

If it is within your comfort level, using the AVCS Intake Advance table from the stock map, copied into your staged map, might provide some additional information.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
FWIW, you may want to replace the orange o-rings between the intake and TGV's. They are known to cause idle problems when cold.

When you see the new o-rings next to the old ones you'll understand why.

Also clean your MAF and IAT sensor.

Did that, worked.

The new ones are so much bigger...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived