LegacyGT.com

STI 05 wagon step panel...Australia

Robdownunder

Guys,

I had a brain fade and lashed out with the hip pocket wallet and bought the only rear bumper STI geniune step panel in the country to be fitted to a GT.

Unfortunately all the instructions are in Japanese.:confused:

Anyway we'll have to see what we can make of it. Total wank factor but we only live once.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a no go item as it is not wide enough in for and aft size so it has to go back.

My suspicions were correct that is was not the correct part although it could be adapted to go on.

Here is the word from Oz Subaru.

we have recieved confirmation of your suggestion that the Jap spec rear bumper is infact

a different size to oz spec rear bumper.

The reason for this is that the crash test regulations from country to country are different.

Unfortunetly they do not make this part specific for the oz spec Liberty therefore we are happy to

refund yours and your friends money's in full if you are not stisfied with the part. (part must be intact)

We appologise for the inconvenience.

Rob.

Hahaha, I guess Rob you might have to do with black plastic step panel that subaru offers as a part of oem accessory catalogue! The money you save, you can use to buy some beer and invite me over! (ahhaha)

Cheers

Vlad

It's funny the minor details that you notice when you look hard for it! (I have seen this rear step soo many times and never noticed how it takes up entire top panel of the jdm bumper bar!)

Archived