LegacyGT.com

Based on his first post, I think I can answer at least three of those:

what car? 1997 Legacy GT

what light? The (!) light.

what engine? EJ25

what trans?

how many miles?

I am assuming, then, that his is a Canadian vehicle. The (!) light is their version of our BRAKE light. This could be a fault with the e-brake sensor, but since you've already messed with it a lot, I would check your brake fluid level as it could be a warning that it is low.

It could also just mean that your pads are well worn, since that would deplete the level of fluid in the reservoir.

Make better thread titles in the future.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Make better thread titles in the future.

Why? The title he had clearly indicates that his brake system malfunction indicator is on. He had no idea what was causing it at all, so it's not like he had any additional info to put in the title. He probably didn't even realize that his symbol was different than the US version (why the hell is that the case, anyway?!)

Why? The title he had clearly indicates that his brake system malfunction indicator is on. He had no idea what was causing it at all, so it's not like he had any additional info to put in the title. He probably didn't even realize that his symbol was different than the US version (why the hell is that the case, anyway?!)

Because (!) is not a descriptive search term.

He knew it was attached to the brake system, but at the very least could have had a descriptive title, "dash light won't go out".

Others looking for similar answers won't likely put (!) in the search field. Would you?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I would not have searched "(!)" but it's not terribly important because if you just use the drop-down "Search This Forum" tab, it searches the entire thread bodies. Even if you do advanced search, it defaults to entire threads. I never search just the titles, because I feel as though I am missing 99% of the discussions that ensue in threads that might be off-topic but relevant to my inquiry.

Archived