LegacyGT.com

mid atlantic gasoline

charlie_sheen

But then you have to leave a Netbook in the car all the time...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
I hope you have a SSD drive in that then with all of these potholes.

Meh, the heads are parked when it's off, anyway, so it would take a lot of shock for damage to occur. The only time hard drive damage could happen is when I'm actively logging. But I have no important data on it, and it's under warranty for the next year and 3/4 (yay for enterprise-class netbooks!), and even if it wasn't, a new hard drive is cheap.

Also, Baltimore suburbs are a lot better than DC in terms of potholes. I had a HUGE problem with potholes when I lived in Boston, though.

Not that I need it, but did have a caravan that was suppose to use E-85 and couldn't find ANY stations in Montgomery County with it except the place off Crabbs Branch that was actually the County vehicle facility. You had to sign up with a special "permission slip". They operated the price weird, and often was outrageously expensive (they didn't have the means to change the price, and the gas was generally dropping when I used it). About two years ago, they opened up a few Washingtonian Express (W Express) stations that had them in central and northern Montgomery (I didn't check southern Montgomery County). Price was always cheaper than 87 octane...sometimes significantly. In fact cheap enough it would have made up for the loss in MPGs. I never put it in the Subie though...not good.

As far as stations, the only one I've avoided is Freestate...which was the only one consistantly had a noticeable affect on my vehicles (or rentals...where I didn't care). I've used most every brand. About the only thing I will say is never buy gas in Nebraska and South Dakota....they don't have 87 oct...only 85 at many stations....and that'll foul the engine up pretty good (it's also E10 if I remember right).

But locally, If you are really concerned, just stick with the main brands...and put some additive cleaners and have your engine taken care of often. Gas usually isn't the issue, beyond driving a car hard or soft.

Archived