LegacyGT.com

Installing WRX seats

Kodax

Before you guys jump on me, I did a search about installing WRX seats and nothing came up. Except for a couple of threads about swapping in Spec.B seats.

I was wondering if it is possible to swap in 2008 WRX front seats into a 2009 legacy. I don't really care about the heating element. I am more concern about increasing side support and lumbar support.

My main issue will be the airbags and will it be a direct fit. Does anybody has a clue?

• 4 weeks later...
I am currently working on installed 08 STi seats into my 05 lgt. If they are the same or similar to the STi seats, the base will bolt up, but thats about it. You have to swap out the airbags, custom fit the bottom cushion and covers onto the stock bottom frames, along with custom fitting the stock and STi seatback bracketry to mount to the stock legacy seat bottom since the STi seatback brackets end up being about an inch too narrow for the old seat bottom. I will have more details if I can pull it off!

They are 05 seats, totally different. I just finished the passenger seat install last night. Took me 7 hours of scratching my head, cursing, pounding bottled waters, and fabricating. Seat is installed and 100% functional. I went into this having no knowledge of what I was getting into. With a few basic hand tools and a 3" grinder, it can be done. In order to do the swap you will need to use your factory seat base and fab it and the new STi seatback brackets to fit on. You also have to swap airbags. I installed the factory heaters, so now I have all factory sensors, heaters, airbag, etc installed so there is technically no knowledge to the car that it now houses an STi seat.

I think the drivers seat should be slightly easier because there are less electronics and I know what Im doing now. I plan on doing it this weekend and Ill try to do a tutorial once I am done.

If your willing to take on the project, you could easily knock it out in a weekend.

I just realized that you have an 09 and I have an 09 so I believe the sensors may be a little different, if anything, they may actually be the same but dont quote me on that, you'd have to look it up, that's just a guess. As far as the lumbar support, the new seats don't have an adjustable one, that would take more fabrication. There's a guy on the forester forums that did the swap, look at how he did it, that would be your best route.

Archived