LegacyGT.com

Issues? Headers/up back to factory on stage 2 tune.

YourConfused

I'm not sure this is an exhaust or tune topic, but rather both.

QUESTION: On a stage 2 tune with headers and up pipe what effect will going back to stock pre turbo parts do to me? In what way could it effect the tune and therefore the safe operation of the vehicle?

I have a stage 2 tune with megan headers and up pipe, CAI and full 3" exhaust. I managed to blow the flex joint on the header/ up pipe just before the turbo. (have about 7K miles on it:mad:) It is basically a 360 degree leak and the turbo isn't getting the energy needed to spool.

I can't afford new headers and up this month. I have the stock stuff that can go back on if I can get the O2 threads repaired. I plan to get headers back on when fixed, or buy a different brand in the future.

If weather permits I will be going back to stock manifolds and up pipe this weekend. The exhaust leak sounds terrible and the lack of boost is also annoying.

So, how is this going to effect my tune/ car? I am asking before I try and do a before and after test.

Thanks for the wisdom shared on this site guys!

Megan headers are junk. Mine blew last week and im faced with running stage 2 custom tune until my new grimmspeed parts come in.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY MEGAN HEADERS. I as well as 3 of the other guys I know that have had them have only had them on the car for 4 or less months before they went. And my friend steven even had them coated.

I would recommend going with Grimmspeed parts.

Megan headers are junk. Mine blew last week and im faced with running stage 2 custom tune until my new grimmspeed parts come in.

WARNING: DO NOT BUY MEGAN HEADERS. I as well as 3 of the other guys I know that have had them have only had them on the car for 4 or less months before they went. And my friend steven even had them coated.

I would recommend going with Grimmspeed parts.

I got almost 4 months out of mine before they blew the flex joint. Where did yours fail you?

A friend of mine said not to get them because they would fail in a couple of years. I figured they were worth the money if they lasted 2 yrs, but less than 4 months is much worse than I could have imagined.

Archived