LegacyGT.com

Single N1 type exhaust thoughts

abakja1

I was thinking of putting in an exhaust system, but cash is limited as I could spend $ on other parts,..But for now, the car is just too quiet, and I had put a 3" midpipe back to a N1 cannister muff on my DSM,..

I was thinking of 3" midpipe back to tip and taking out the plastic rear diffuser (underpanel) so that it doesn't leave the holes for the twin pipes,..

Sure this would help flow better and get my car sounding "rauctious".

Stock:

http://tinypic.com/5z18gk

Modded and imagine a N1 cannister type muffler with a 4" tip (off Ebay,..3" inlet, 4"outlet) pointed slightly upwards and off towards the passanger side,..

http://tinypic.com/5z1a38

http://tinypic.com/5z18gk

Kevin

You need someone to do a better photochop for you, my good buddy. :)

Hum...... my personal taste is not for the single-exhaust look, at least not on the LGT, but I have considered twin N1-type canisters (one each side) for Winky simply as my (or rather, my wife's) needs for a quiet exhaust note can be fulfilled if I were to stick their silencers in (while my wife's in the car).

I think I remember seeing a fellow LGTer post on here with twin canisters, perhaps you can base your decision off how that looks?

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'm not feeling that look at all, regardless of photoshop quality. without the rear diffuser the bottom is gonna look messy and angled exhausts just don't seem to go with the more restrained nature of the lgt, IMO. having said that, go for it and prove me wrong!
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

If you want some good pics of what this wouls sort of look like check out newtiburon.com. The 03 and up Tibs come with dual exhaust. Many people will switch out the duals for a single then cut out the plastic in the middle. I personally like the duals better, but at least that will give you some kind of idea in real life.

Tony

the Legacy comes across as a sophisticated sedan, a unfinished looking exhaust (angled upwards and single instead of a balanced dual) would detract from it (in my opinion) rather than enhance it.

I know, I know my "photochop" sucks,..but that was like my 1st time,..Never really needed to do it before, any suggestions for free software at Download.com to get better software or photochop tips??

Anyways,..I guess it depends on what kind of "demeanor or attitude" you're looking for,..I think I can get a single 3" midpipe back and all welds done (except provide my own N1 courtesy of EBAY) for about $400. Yup, the cost of living in Hawaii and I dont know any buddies that would weld for me,..

I think that twin N1 cannisters would look dumb as it defeats the purpose of just to even out the "looks" in the rear. Add to that the extra weight of splitting into two 3" exhaust pipes and the extra N1 cannister,...Twin mufflers would look better, then again the weight issue and cost factor of say another $60-$80 for muffler and $50 or more for piping to split to that muffler.

But by looking at the Tiburon above, I think that looks hot,...Real racy which is what Im looking for,..The fact that we have twin muffs are more to quiet the exhaust note I think, but since we are all modifiers, a single 3" intake N1 with 4.5" exhaust tip would look hot,..Had this setup in my DSM and sounded "loud" but at least I knew by exhaust note where I was in my rev range,..With windows up I somtimes forget to upshift cause engine so smooth and cabin so quiet,..

The plastic rear diffuser is all held on my plastic tabs, and hides the gas tank and rear susp/diff etc,..not sure if it helps with reducing uplift or aerodynamics. And its all replaceable anyways,..

I'm assuming that's just a spelling mistake and you meant real ricey?
:lol:

Awe come on now :D,..I wouldnt buy a Tiburon, but I like the simpleness of a single N1 cannister compared to having 2,..

I didnt ask for a Green paint job or twin nitrous bottles aka FNF movie,...

A single N1 cannister is effective and price affordable, that's all,..If I had the $$, yeah Id get the twin muffs,..but its just for looks,..Just wanted to know if there was anyone that did this (there is I found out), and I emailed person for a sound clip too,..

Hawaii costs arent the same as continental US,..we gotta pay $$ for shipping atop merchandise price.

I believe from the undercarriage shots of the legacy that the canister would be on the left hand side.

If you were really intent on keeping a single outlet you could always have a body shop spend a tiny bit of time modifying your rear valence/cutout so that only one opening remains and either have it painted silver to match the car or flat black.

Should be a minimal amount of labor if they're in any way, shape or form a good shop.

Archived