LegacyGT.com

DOWNPIPE, UPPIPE, & Banjo Bolt Questions

Thinking about going stage 2. Just want to have an estimate with the cost involved with going stage 2.

I know many of you do your own installs but for those that had a shop do the labor, how much was labor for:

1) Downpipe?

2) Up Pipe?

3) Banjo Bolt Replacement?

Thinking about going with a E-Tune from infamous, after installation of downpipe, and uppipe, I'm guessing there's an in-between period where I would have to drive the car without a tune, is it dangerous? Could anything be damaged during this transitional period?

TIA.

Not necessarily an in-between period where you drive without a tune. You contact your tuner before hand and at least get a base map ready to load immediately after the install. This should be a fairly conservative, and safe map. Log, and go from there.

Or if you have an AP, you can load the OTS stage 2 map temporarily while you wait for your base map from your tuner.

why cant you do it yourself? Not being a smart ass just wondering.

Never done a DP, or UP before. And the fact that I live in the northeast, I know I wouldnt be able to do it in my driveway. When I brought my car to the muffler shop, it was so rusted that he had to torch and cut the bolts to install my catback.

if you need to have an in-between period, just stay out of boost and shift under 3k, and you should be ok for a day or so depending on how far u drive it. I had my dp on for about a week and then drove 90 miles to get a tune without any codes.

I'm near Toronto, Canada and had never done exhaust work before, either. The worst part of the job was the donut gasket end of the DP because I had to scrape it off. The bolts were fine after 4 winters and 75k miles.

If you search the forums and make sure you have all your required parts and tools handy, it's not a bad driveway job.

I'd consider wrapping the DP before you install it. DEI Titanium is probably the easiest.

Archived