LegacyGT.com

Whats the typical cost for mounting & balancing tires 4 tires?

2010Legacy

Added new Cooper tires and Monroe struts to the Legacy. Aligned and balanced but got strongest vibes at 75-80mph. It smooths out under 75 or over 80, as felt through seat and steering. Went back to shop and repeated align and balance but vibe still there. Don't want to pay for balancing again but what choice do I have? Road Force balance available at another nearby shop (recommended/referred by original shop). Shop-keepers know each other so there's a possible price break. Going in on the balancing a third time with fingers crossed. Looking ahead, what else should be considered for causes?

Go back and demand a refund from the first shop. They had two tries to get it right and failed both times. Bring your car elsewhere.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

You know, Soloz2, thank you, I do appreciate your reaction and under any other circumstances I would do exactly that. I know the owner and a couple of his guys from way-y-y back, they have been good to me over the years, and "demanding" anything would be tantamount to bridge-burning. The simple truth is, using history as my teacher, when I report the RoadForce findings back to them they will simply compensate with a freebie in the next job (BTW: The RFB cost me only $55 for all four).

:soap_box:

I'm more about bridge-building than bridge-burning and, when my personal expiration date arrives, I want the legacy I leave behind to be more about the good than about my pettiness (no offense intended) over small misdeeds in service on my Legacy.

Okay, I'm done philosophizing! Keep the shiny side up.

this is why you buy tires at discount tire. tire rack can and have sent me out of round tires. then i had to pay for mount and balance. then comes cost of rotation or flat repairs. and i can go in any time for a balance and its free.

DT has price matched TR for me before.

some of you are missing the part he says transferring over the TPMS.

your price seems fine for all the work required man. id go with it.

Added new Cooper tires and Monroe struts to the Legacy. Aligned and balanced but got strongest vibes at 75-80mph. It smooths out under 75 or over 80, as felt through seat and steering. Went back to shop and repeated align and balance but vibe still there. Don't want to pay for balancing again but what choice do I have? Road Force balance available at another nearby shop (recommended/referred by original shop). Shop-keepers know each other so there's a possible price break. Going in on the balancing a third time with fingers crossed. Looking ahead, what else should be considered for causes?

they will have to break the bead and reseat the tires. then balance them again. there is a heavy part in the tire they can match with the rim.

Archived