LegacyGT.com

metric subaru

gnod85

Metric is good. (I use them and North Coast, both are good.) Buying a new car or some performance upgrades?

hey thanks for the info - i'm actually looking for a new service provider.. have any experience with getting your car serviced? i think my current mechanic for some reason did something and exacerbated a leak - i put in half a gallon of coolant and it's already nearly empty in less than a day.. it's constantly overheating so i need someone reliable.

All i can say is dont go to Star Subaru on Jamica ave.

They put Auto Trans fluid in My 5-MT. (I went to a local shop to get my new tires mounted and they did a friendly check of everything and found it. )

It was even on my receipt, they charged me 5 qt of Auto Trans fluid. (which i didnt make anything of when i saw it). long story short they swapped out the AT fluid and all i got was a "free" oil change. yea....

All i can say is dont go to Star Subaru on Jamica ave.

They put Auto Trans fluid in My 5-MT. (I went to a local shop to get my new tires mounted and they did a friendly check of everything and found it. )

It was even on my receipt, they charged me 5 qt of Auto Trans fluid. (which i didnt make anything of when i saw it). long story short they swapped out the AT fluid and all i got was a "free" oil change. yea....

haha woww.... that's terrible. i also went to a Star Subaru, but on Northern blvd, bayside to look for the legacy when i was car shopping last year.. let's just say that they're shady, quotes ridiculous prices, and basically a good 'car salesman'... which i don't really want to deal with.

Only NYC dealer I have experience with is Bay Ridge Subaru. Took them 3 hours to change my oil since it was a low dollar job. Never again. Since then if I had a need for any (which is next to never) dealer work and I'm in the neighborhood I use Fred Beans Subaru in Milford, CT. Stamford Subaru isn't too bad either.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

hey thanks for the info - i'm actually looking for a new service provider.. have any experience with getting your car serviced? i think my current mechanic for some reason did something and exacerbated a leak - i put in half a gallon of coolant and it's already nearly empty in less than a day.. it's constantly overheating so i need someone reliable.

I have had 3 very good experiences with North Coast so far. (Wheel Bearings, custom exhaust work, Twin Scroll Install) Bill is the service manager and he stands by what he says. (And he tunes Subaru's too) They totally low quoted me on doing the work to swap in my twinscroll (It is SUCH a PITA on a Legacy as we found out, partially my own fault) and still stood by the originally quoted price. (and I had a loaner 2011 Legacy for 2 weeks which probably would have cost more then the service they provided) They do their utmost to make the situation right if there is a concern or issue. I haven't dealt with Metric in a few years but my one experience with them was also very good. (with a friends car) They are the only two dealers on L.I. that I would use. Long Island Subaru Club is also very high on Metric/MSPT.

They are awesome. I have been to them a few times when i lived in LI/Queens. Great crew of guys into the car scene. There are two crews that work there guys that do standard work and the other guys. I forget what they call it but i have nothing but good things to say about them

Also went to metric to get my rear wheel bearings replaced under warranty. Seems like a pretty small dealership. Nothing special about the experience except that they got the job done in a few hours and didn't really bullshit me except tried to sell me a blower motor job for $300. Also, there's like nowhere to go when your car is there. I walked through some tall grass and bushes to get to a barnes and nobles that was 1.5 miles away. In the end, I guess Metric is the lesser of the evils but if i can avoid dealership visits, I would. I find it hard to trust them (I worked at 2 dealerships before)

Not sure where in NYC you are located but we are 20 min from the Holland Tunnel in NJ. We can definitely handle out-of-warranty stuff at a much lower cost than any dealer. Maintenance items we blow dealers away and use only top shelf materials.

Give us a call or e-mail or text or smoke signal! We also offer evening and weekend appts.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived