LegacyGT.com

Has anyone tried an aftermarket heads-up unit?

Searcher451

I recently picked up a 2008 Subaru Legacy 3.0R Limited; it's a nice car, with low miles, easy to drive, etc. However, one thing I miss about my Pontiac (besides the supercharger) is the heads-up display. I've looked at some of the aftermarket HUD units that are being offered online and am wondering if anyone has tried one on a Suburu and, if so, what kind of success, if any, you might have had. They look a little dicey, but you never know.

Thanks in advance for your expertise.

I just have an android phone that I plop on the dash- there are several "HUD" programs. I wouldn't say they are anywhere near as good a quality as a professional unit but I haven't used one of those. on the other hand, it cost nothing to try it out and see if works for you.

Interesting idea. Of course, it would mean that I'd have to pick up an Android phone and trade in my old flip-model. :) Thanks for the response, however; it's appreciated.

Sure would be nice if someone came up with a reasonably priced HUD unit for the Subaru. If you ever drive a car that has one, it's tough to go back to one that doesn't.

I just have an android phone that I plop on the dash- there are several "HUD" programs. I wouldn't say they are anywhere near as good a quality as a professional unit but I haven't used one of those. on the other hand, it cost nothing to try it out and see if works for you.

:eek: Do you know the name of the apps off the top of your head?

Archived