LegacyGT.com

'05 legact gt limited, auto - coolant question

so for some reason, i think i'm leaking either transmission and/or coolant mix

my mechanic said he had to clean the plastic coverings under my car cause it was dirty from all the leaks.. and saw red colored oil.. which he assumes to be transmission fluid.. .that was yesterday

just tonight, while i was driving my engine temperature started to rise quickly.. and luckily i wasn't out driving much but by the time i got home, it was nearly in the red. i checked my coolant reservoir and while engine was warm, i couldn't even see any of it.

i'm going to walmart right now to get some coolant, the phosphate liquid, peak global lifetime mix to fill it tomorrow mornign but had some questions.

1. this is my first coolant fill since i've had this car, and i just want to make sure i'm putting it in the right reservior.. the manual's photo doesn't really show sh*t and i wanted to make sure: the coolant reservoir is the right front cap of the engine (when you're looking at the engine with the hood up) right that says "coolant" right? I know it might be a stupid and an obvious question but i just wanted to make sure as the turbo modles apparently are slightly different in specifics..

2. are 'leaks' normal? in regards to coolant and/or transmission oil?

Archived