LegacyGT.com

Any Grimmspeed Manifold Spacer Reviews?

LGTwagon99

I'm looking into parts for my new Subaru, and i right now I'm interested in the GrimmSpeed manifold spacer. I had a spacer kit on my Altima SE-R and i loved it, i wondered if anyone that has these on their car could let me know how they are. How did the install go? Did you notice any difference in sound or performance? For my Altima, i got a whistle that i loved (in combination with a CAI), and I'd love to get that whistle from this car. Thanks!

I have yet to see anyone install them. Now that might be because of the complexity of the install (need to remove the intake manifold) and the possibility of the minor gains. A metal intake will give you a whistle on a NA subaru. The spacers to me its one of those high cost/low gain. If you were building a motor and needed that little extra then yeah it might be worth it. If you just want the noise, its probably a lot more hassle then it is worth.

Look into Borla headers for the NA. You might find you like that sound better than the whistle and much better gains ;)

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Install is a snap, if you are already that deep into it. Lol.

3mm adds a small amount of space. 8mm adds some usable space.

Phenolic have some slight benefits on STi manifolds, but none on the plastic manifold.

Aluminum spacers are generally used for reversing the manifold. I used them for this application. Reverse manifold STi with rotated 42r turbo.

Archived