LegacyGT.com

Stage two guys, your impressions!

I drove my LGT off the dealer lot straight to my dyno tuner for stg 1 open source tune. I only experienced stock for 60 miles. I'm now stage 2 with fmic. I drove an identical LGT stock the other day, and wow is it slow, like, unbelievably slow....like make a ham and cheese sandwich 0-60 slow. Stock vs. stage 2 is a world of a difference.

I started my stage 2 journey with an Infamous1 tune. If you don't have a wideband O2 sensor, then your tune will be, by necessity, rich. This goes for OTS AP maps, as well.

If you can, I highly recommend a dyno tune, especially if they test and tweak on road to finish it off. I have more power, more torque, smoother delivery, and better milage as a result. For throttle response, have that part of the map tweaked. It is currently set up in a non-linear way (like a log curve). Try it with the table set up completely linear (more like a cable throttle).

I thought stock was awesome when I was testing driving the car. I'd be disappointed in stock now.

I started my stage 2 journey with an Infamous1 tune. If you don't have a wideband O2 sensor, then your tune will be, by necessity, rich. This goes for OTS AP maps, as well.

If you can, I highly recommend a dyno tune, especially if they test and tweak on road to finish it off. I have more power, more torque, smoother delivery, and better milage as a result. For throttle response, have that part of the map tweaked. It is currently set up in a non-linear way (like a log curve). Try it with the table set up completely linear (more like a cable throttle).

I thought stock was awesome when I was testing driving the car. I'd be disappointed in stock now.

so does that mean besides, DP, UP, Vag-com cable, I would also need to invest in a wideband O2 to safely achieve stage 2?

No, wide band O2 sensor only needed if you are running stage III or upgrade turbo path. Yea you might run a bit pig rich but you will be very safely tuned and power will be maximized. For stage 2 there is no need to dyno tune. The gains would be minimal (If any ) for a dyno tune vs a good Infamous tune (Remember he will tweak your tune multiple times till it runs strong and smooth).

I like Stg 2 personally because it doesn't throw your head into the seat as much as the stock tune where torque just peaks quick. Much smoother power band. Quarter mile is something hard to compare. My clutch doesn't like the launnh so I don't do it at all. But mtn driving so easy to just leave it in a higher gear and accelerate no problem unlike stock I needed to shift

No, wide band O2 sensor only needed if you are running stage III or upgrade turbo path. Yea you might run a bit pig rich but you will be very safely tuned and power will be maximized. For stage 2 there is no need to dyno tune. The gains would be minimal (If any ) for a dyno tune vs a good Infamous tune (Remember he will tweak your tune multiple times till it runs strong and smooth).

You're kidding, right? This is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever read about tuning on this forum. As much as I respect Shamar in regards to providing for the extended distance LGT community, I have seen first hand gains over his map when the same car was put on a dyno with wbo2 and retuned. FWIW, pig rich for extended periods of time is NOT good either (Shamar doesn't make it THAT rich)

I drove my LGT off the dealer lot straight to my dyno tuner for stg 1 open source tune. I only experienced stock for 60 miles. I'm now stage 2 with fmic. I drove an identical LGT stock the other day, and wow is it slow, like, unbelievably slow....like make a ham and cheese sandwich 0-60 slow. Stock vs. stage 2 is a world of a difference.

:lol:

Relax dude, I have seen the opposite. A well tuned dyno ride improved by Shamar's tweaks (more than once). Wideband 02 helpfull-yes. Absolutely needed for an E tune - no. The OP was asking if the WB O2 was needed for a Tune by Shamar.

You're kidding, right? This is the biggest load of bullshit I have ever read about tuning on this forum. As much as I respect Shamar in regards to providing for the extended distance LGT community, I have seen first hand gains over his map when the same car was put on a dyno with wbo2 and retuned. FWIW, pig rich for extended periods of time is NOT good either (Shamar doesn't make it THAT rich)

To say WBO2 isn't necessary for stage 2 and hell even stage 1 is rediculous, for e-tuning, yes you can get away without it, but there are losses that are associated with this. Every tuner is different, but I'm damn sure every tuner would use a wbo2 whenever they could even if they were stage 1 tuning. If I were a tuner I'd feel MUCH better knowing what my actual AFR is.

The stock O2 is a relatively WB O2, much better than many O2s in some cars. Dyno tuning is ALWAYS better, end of story. Shamar could improve on his own tunes using a dyno, or a car with WBO2 and street pulling. More data, and more accurate data, is always good.

Only reason I didn't go dyno tune is the cost associated with it. That and I'm not trying to squeeze every single HP out of my set up. I just want a nice quick sleeperwag that's still reliable, as it's my DD. If you want to maximize and optimize your car, nothing beats a dyno tune with a qualified tuner.

A rich e-tune without a WBO2 is safe. It's not efficient or optimized, but it's still safe. An e-tune with a WBO2 is better, and a road/dyno tune with a WBO2 is better still. All of this is, of course, assuming a skilled tuner and not some hack.

You'll be happy with an e-tune from Shamar, but there are trade-offs: using more gas, power left on the table, possibly shortened life of any catalytic converters you have left in the car. I say possibly because a stock tune is rich, an OTS AP tune is rich, and it depends on the cats and how rich you end up with.

Archived