LegacyGT.com

CEL P0303 - mis-fire cleared and now car boggs after I rev it

93turbo2

Postd this in the na section but couldn't get any answers.

I need some help with this, so on my way home today I went to go fill up since I was down to a 1/4 tank. As I'm getting off the freeway the car started running kinda funny. I come to a light and stop, car idles ok at this point. As I start to take off the car kinda buckles alittle and when I give it more gas she takes off fine. I get to the gas station and fill up, as I'm, taking off the same thing happens again, and at that point I figured it was misfiring, and said lets see if it throws a cel. As soon as I got on the freeway, sure enough I get a cel and the cruise control light starts blinking. The car was fine at freeway speeds with the cel, I prob should've pulled over and check for loose spark plug boots but I was tired and just wanted to get home. So now after checking the code, popping the loose boots back on, the car idles fine until you rev it and let the rpms come back down at which point the idle drops to 450-500rpm then back up to normal.

Any ideas what else I should check? Would it be ok to drive 20 miles to the shop or should I just play it safe and tow it in? I'm leaning towards towing it in just to be safe, but I wanted other peoples opinions.

Archived