LegacyGT.com

Tire Sizing for racing/autocrossing

07DGMSpecB

Didn't see a thread for this. Figured it might be helpful for myself as well as for others to know what a good tire size to have on lets say a dedicated set of track wheels.

For myself I got a set of BBS RK's 17x7 for free. For any racing that will be done with the car, it will probably only be autocrossing in parking lots. I know a wider wheel would be better...but for the non existent price of the wheels...I think I will stay with them. I do know I want to get a set of Dunlop Star Specs on them. I've had experience with them before and love them. Question is now for all the experienced racers and autocrossers out there. What size Star Specs should I get for these wheels?

:spin:

for a 7" wide wheel, 225/45/17 star specs will be the size to get. dont go wider than 225 on a 7" wide wheel.

yeah...i know how to size normal tires...but just wasnt sure for racing...i was thinking possibly 215/45 but just wanted to make sure and get others opinions

i was only able to do one event this year so I was just a first timer...next year will probably be rookie non stock or street modified. Not sure. haven't exactly looked into what class I will be in yet depending on my modifications...coilovers, sway bars, vf52, down pipe and catback, injectors, fuel pump and a tune

Archived