LegacyGT.com

1995 Suby AC/heater control panel and mode motor

I'm back! Hi everyone.

After a total of around 20hrs. I still haven't been able to fix my controller problem. I applied batt voltage to pin 1 and 2 on the mode motor (per the Haynes manual) and the motor arm moved accordingly. I checked for bat voltage at the control panel plug and I got bat voltage. From this I assumed that the control panel was not working. I replaced the control panel, and guess what? It still didn't work. I started testing different pins on the plug going to the mode motor, with a jumper wire to ground. Low and behold, I got the motor to move. I put the jumper wire on pin 3 (from the right looking at the unplugged end of the plug. When I press the vent button and touch my jumper to ground, it activates and blows out the vent. Then I push the defroster button, touch my jumper to ground and it activates the mode motor and starts the defroster working. I can push the vent button back in and touch the ground temporarily and get all of the modes to work (bi-level, floor, etc). Of course I can't leave the ground jumper attached, because the motor stays activated, and I don't want to burn it out. Man oh man, this one has got me stumped! I'm hoping to probe the brain trust here for something I've missed. Any input is appreciated.

Archived