LegacyGT.com

HELP! Detailing shop put spots all over my center console!

HEY THERE SO CALLEDJOHN, I am new to this forum. I own a very busy & popular detail & tint shop ,and after having more than 10 thousand vehicles come through , there are not too many {detailing -scenarios-issues } that i have not seen and dealt with one way or another. I would like to chime in on this problem you have.

I have seen this before & more than likely, the spots were caused from a multi purpose cleaner being sprayed inside the car during your detail while your car was parked in the sun. I dont think thinner or any solvent caused this. If it were a solvent , generally {but not always} it would cause a slight swollen raised bump on the exact area . I think if it were me ,i would grab a clean magic eraser and apply some water based interior dressing such as meguires hyper dressing and wipe the entire area gently but well, let it dwell for a few minutes ,towel it dry with a microfiber . Also you could try using a tire shine product applied with micro fiber. You know sometimes these things dissapear after several days all by themselves. As far as a legal battle goes , its my opinion that this would be considered a good ole [ he said -she said } type case simply because its damn difficult or impossible to prove ,and thats what you would need to do is prove it. Another option is to contact the company called SEM . The may be able to mix the color as aerosol spray dye , then take it apart , scuff the plastic using super fine sandpaper and or scotch pad / wipe with rubbing alcolol and use the pre mixed SEM aerosol dye to dust it a few times until pretty. maybe check some online retailers for the availability of the replacement plastic part for a replacement. If the shop is decent , they know when and how it happened and they should get involved to make you happy. Sometimes we shop owners need to be reminded that customers word of mouth can make you succeed or fail , and with todays social media it can be dome easier than ever. I hope some of this was helpful to you , and i wish you well..............Joe

Archived