LegacyGT.com

AUTO-X Tire Pressure

mhoran89

Hey everyone, I am planning on running in my school's (college) auto-x event this saturday in a giant parking lot. I used to whip my old car in these events and was wondering what you guys would recommend for tire pressure. I have the horrible Bridgestone Turanza's in 205-60/16 and am running the stock pressure. Tires seem a little soft/squishy for me right now. It's a 2011 Legacy 2.5i.

I used to run my old car at around 42 or even 44.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Matt

If you don't have any idea at all - stick to the recommended pressures in the manual.

Higher pressure means smaller contact area which means less grip, but too low pressure puts more strain on the tires and they can pop off the rims.

There is usually a range of pressures for tires - normal driving and then higher pressures for high speed driving. Play around within the specified intervals on front axle and rear axle to get the best balance that suits your driving style. If you can do a 4-wheel drift through a corner you have a good balance and that means that you don't have to waste energy on course corrections.

453747.png

buy shoe polish

look at the sidewall of the tire along the tread edge and sidewall. find a small triangle. apply the shoe polish to this area. if shoe polish rubs off lower then the triangle increase air, if did not rub down to triangle decrease pressure. keep left/right pressure the same

note: little amount of shoe polish works, no need to have white walls :lol:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived