LegacyGT.com

WTB Hitch for 2000 OB - Chas, SC

LocalHero

Title says most of it. I'm in Charleston and just got a project boat so I need a hitch for my 2000 OB LTD. The hitch models that fit are:

Curt 12270 (I think these go back as far as '95 OBs)

Draw Tite 36284

Hidden Hitch 90176

Long shot I know, but I thought someone might just have one laying around...

Thanks,

John

Try Charleston Craigslist if you haven't already. And welcome to Charleston. Will be getting a meet together here in the near future *fingers crossed*.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Online has the factory 2001 Outback Hitch, P/N L1010LS100, includes everything needed for the install including the 4-pin wiring harness for less than $250. May be able to work a deal with the local Subaru parts dept. Wouldn't have to pay shipping, they can just source it from their local distribution center and you pick it up at the dealership. I'll ask their best price if you want. LMK.

Yeah, UHaul is probably where I'll go get one. I was just trying to save a nickel-I mean I was just trying to be green and re-use resources! I figured since it's a 2000 (and even earlier) that there might be some lying around in garages feeling lonely.

Project boat is a '86 Mckee Craft runabout. 14' w/55hp motor. Don't have the title in hand yet so I haven't started working on it but hopefully it won't take too much work/$$ to get it going.

Wow a bare fiberglass McKee Craft runabout is rated up to 160HP - on a 600 lb boat - that would flat out get it. Like the transom structure on those, very sturdy. What motor do you have on that?

BTW - eBay has a Hidden Hitch for $189 BIN and ~$38.00 to ship - includes everything hitch, receiver, ball, and electronics. Installation is super easy on these. Link - expires tomorrow I think. Model is 90176

The boat I got is a 1986 Cat Cay model. 665 lbs and rated for 70hp. McKees were made like Boston Whalers...filled with foam and can float if cut in half. An old catalog someone sent has a pic of a 14' Mckee cut into 4 sections with a guy standing on each section, floating side by side. I dont' intend to cut mine up or sink it, but I like that it can do that!

I think the Uhaul hitch ends up cheaper than the Ebay one and is also a Hidden Hitch. I'll call around when I get time and order it....

SBT, where are you in SC and where from in PA? I'm originally from the Phila area. (many years ago)

Archived