LegacyGT.com

VA 2005 SWP LGT With STI Swap - CLOSED

LGT STI

Sounds like you are trying to play the blame game after you didn't do due diligence and toasted a motor.

Looks like Tommy sold the car, bought it back (with a built motor that he had no hand in putting together), had a bad headgasket diagnosed, and resold it. It also doesn't look like it had cams in it when he sold it, though I don't know for sure. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. It also looks like you bought the car for $8k, even if it were consuming a little oil, that'd be a steal!

The past of the car doesn't really matter. What matters is the condition it is in now, which is dire.

I think I'll hold off on suggesting this car to my friend.

I'd suggest fixing it, putting it back to stock, and then trying to get rid of it. You'll walk away with more cash.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sounds like you are trying to play the blame game after you didn't do due diligence and toasted a motor.

Looks like Tommy sold the car, bought it back (with a built motor that he had no hand in putting together), had a bad headgasket diagnosed, and resold it. It also doesn't look like it had cams in it when he sold it, though I don't know for sure. Sounds like you have an axe to grind. It also looks like you bought the car for $8k, even if it were consuming a little oil, that'd be a steal!

The past of the car doesn't really matter. What matters is the condition it is in now, which is dire.

I think I'll hold off on suggesting this car to my friend.

I'd suggest fixing it, putting it back to stock, and then trying to get rid of it. You'll walk away with more cash.

Lol like I care what you or anyone thinks, just another tommy love nut swinger

Built motor? Haha he and his "mechanic“ actually did have a hand in the motor and didn't do the torque sequence correctly on the headstuds hence the reason it had a slight head gasket leak. He bought the sti swap from DPS after they took it out of an sti because why? Can anybody guess? Eating oil! And he was told of the issue. Hence the reason he supposedly swapped in the CP Pistons (still hasn't been confirmed as I should have had my mechanic check) that's why Tommy didn't know it had Brian Crower cams and him and his "mechanic“ must have overlooked them.

Lol no no please tell your friend I beg of you. Your hurting my feelings. That's the end of conversations with you. Thanks for your time and help in my situation

SALE PENDING!

Not a "tommy love nut swinger", your story just doesn't hold up.

So DPS sold him a motor that was eating oil, you decided you weren't going to inspect the engine before replacing headgaskets, then took it to DPS (who, you say, knew the motor was bad) to get it tuned. Then you drove it until it knocked, because you thought that was a good idea.

You're in this situation of your own accord. Good luck pulling the pity card with whoever your sale is pending too. I hope it's to no one on here.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

OP - you were requested over a month ago to provide your input, I reviewed that and the seller's info. Guess what, it matched piece for piece. I then sent you a PM and told you that I'd reviewed everything (and that was literally hours of putting the whole story together end-to-end) and the only outstanding "piece" was the insurance claim, hence my question.

All other "claims" were unfounded due to the fact that this was an as-is sale. So I will say this once in open forum, stop with blame-game, keep Mr_Luv out of this as the only responsibility he has is the insurance claim check. Beyond that, you're not entitled to any additional comments (complaining) about your purchase of this car.<-- That's a period at the end of the previous sentence.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Not a "tommy love nut swinger", your story just doesn't hold up.

So DPS sold him a motor that was eating oil, you decided you weren't going to inspect the engine before replacing headgaskets, then took it to DPS (who, you say, knew the motor was bad) to get it tuned. Then you drove it until it knocked, because you thought that was a good idea.

You're in this situation of your own accord. Good luck pulling the pity card with whoever your sale is pending too. I hope it's to no one on here.

My story doesn't need to add up, its a for sale thread.

I didn't know about the motor and dps until after I purchased the car and had already fixed it and it was eating oil at that point, and yes its not up to them to make sure tommy did his job in replacing the needed parts in the bottom end, its all about making $ in the end to them

OP - you were requested over a month ago to provide your input, I reviewed that and the seller's info. Guess what, it matched piece for piece. I then sent you a PM and told you that I'd reviewed everything (and that was literally hours of putting the whole story together end-to-end) and the only outstanding "piece" was the insurance claim, hence my question.

All other "claims" were unfounded due to the fact that this was an as-is sale. So I will say this once in open forum, stop with blame-game, keep Mr_Luv out of this as the only responsibility he has is the insurance claim check. Beyond that, you're not entitled to any additional comments (complaining) about your purchase of this car.<-- That's a period at the end of the previous sentence.

Check your last PM you received from me or sent me SBT, your sadly mistaken.

OP - There's clearly a disconnect here...if it's on my side I apologize. I compared every text message reference that you sent me to the seller's text messages. They match, hence my finding that that the seller owes you payment for the damage to the rear and nothing else. (and no there's nothing in your TMs or PMs that indicate it was anything other than the backend - sorry that I mis-interpreted that to mean the bumper). Feel free to take any other discussion to PM. Any further references to the previous sale or characterization of the seller will be deleted
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If it's not in the bill-of-sale, he doesn't REALLY owe you anything regardless of what a few text messages say. You didn't HAVE to buy the car. You could have walked away. He would have paid a deductible if his insurance company was the one writing the check (i.e. a hit-and-run).

I'd return it to stock, part the left-overs, and sell the car to Carmax. You'll end up with more in your pocket in the end. You can find used short-blocks for not a lot of money, and it sounds like you have a mechanic who is willing to help you out on labor.

GLWS!

Thanks SBT for deleting the truth in my statements and "cleaning“ my thread up lol

Bac5.2 I'm not owed shit legally and I know. Its sad in this time and day you can't even trust douchbags with good feedback and the mods who are here to protect others on this site don't do their jobs and lie.

Grow up.

You could have not bought the car. You could have walked away. You could have not chosen to drive the car until it knocked. You could have inspected the car before you bought it. You could have done some homework and some legwork when the car was getting fixed. But you didn't do any of this. You just keep hosting your pity party, blaming everyone else for a position you put yourself in.

Based on what you have posted, you have no one to blame but yourself.

PM me the texts, maybe I'll change my mind. I'm only commenting based on what you have said in this thread.

Archived