LegacyGT.com

SOOOO....yeahhh..... turbo #2 blown.

:spin: so i got this used turbo, it supposedly had 60+k miles on it, not bad IMO, had barely any shaft play (my girlfriend giggled when i typed this) I installed it and all seemed fine, took a few test drives, fixed boost leaks from the TMIC off the big hose clamp that i had forgotten to tighten. called it good for the day, took it to taco bell today, and lost boost on the way back and massive back pressure(insert deja vu here) soo i have yet to CONFIRM that its blown, i parked it in my garage, checked the oil(still topped off) and said **** it, I'll deal with it in the morning. halp...

Yeah, by wendys. theres a bit of rice mixed with some muscle some times, regulars consist of vw R32:. ,integra, cooper s, turbo camaro that runs 10s, built 2.5rs coupe sti swapped, mazda speed3 a turbo miata, a few STI's roll through along with some evos. a couple srt 4s sometimes. most are good people :p

You guys gotta roll in to anchorage to meet up with everyeone else. I'm actually in Wasilla though. nice to see more people from AK posting up on forums. sucks about the turbo. sounds like you didnt replace or flush out the oil feed line to the turbo and starved this one too. also when you pulled the first one off did you look down into your uppipe to make sure the catalyst was in tact? when i bought my car the up-pipe came apart and was lodged in the turbo :|.

i think i i seen the cooper and integra. Maybe ill check it out this friday or something or meet up with you before hand. Hell if wasilla wasnt an 7 hour drive no biggie, have a meet Denali would be bad ass. I almost bought a red R32 bought decided to buy the leggy instead.

the red one was actually for sale or is sold. dude is picking up a white one from fairbanks actually lol. yeah man i would seriously either flush your oil lines out or replace them. and definitely remove the banjo filter. otherwise no turbo will last more then a few minutes on that car ;)

i have infamous oil feed line on the way, i had removed the filter, i'm going to remove the pan and all that jazz this time. that white one that just got down to anchorage is a member on the forums too, he just bought a wagon.

• 2 weeks later...
:spin: so i got this used turbo, it supposedly had 60+k miles on it, not bad IMO, had barely any shaft play (my girlfriend giggled when i typed this) I installed it and all seemed fine, took a few test drives, fixed boost leaks from the TMIC off the big hose clamp that i had forgotten to tighten. called it good for the day, took it to taco bell today, and lost boost on the way back and massive back pressure(insert deja vu here) soo i have yet to CONFIRM that its blown, i parked it in my garage, checked the oil(still topped off) and said **** it, I'll deal with it in the morning. halp...

Unfortunately the used turbo is the problem. Things I have learned to not buy used injectors and turbos. Make sure that the oil supply to whatever NEW turbo you decide to put in is all sorted out and you should be good to go. Also I would ditch the vf40, I had 2 new stock ones go.

I've seen people use used turbos succesfuly, many times i've seen them put another 50k on a turbo thats had 30-40k on it. I'm going one more try with a used vf46, 17k miles on it. if this one goes in the next 10k miles i'm going BNR something then, if not i'll most likely upgrade before i put another 20k on it. I usually put about 40k on a car in a year :/

Archived