LegacyGT.com

Will it rub?

Flat4

I'm looking at maybe getting some new wheels as a winter set up but there's a problem, they have somewhat of an aggressive offset. They are 18x8 with a +35 offset. My car is sitting on stock suspension and I baseball bat rolled the rear fenders to get my current wheels to stop rubbing (18x8 +42 Rota Tarmac IIIs 245/35) Will the new wheels rub if I decide to run a 235/40/R18 tire on them? If so what tire size won't rub? I don't want to run a stretched tire so if that's the only solution I'll pass on the wheels.

Any help is appreciated.

if you pulled your fenders and you run 225/40/18, you should have no prob. i am running 18x8 48 offset with pulled and rolled fenders and i still have almost a 2 finger gap between tires and fenders. i am also stock height. 225s are not stretched as long as you run tires with a rounded side wall like me. stick to tires like bfg supersports a/s and you will have no prob. btw, those bfgs i have are amazing tires. they are very grippy in all weather and also have very high snow performance ratings. i got them for $700 new so they are not too expensive for 18s.

Archived