LegacyGT.com

HVAC Working Properly?

mkalbarc

Just read this in a Motor Trend article - "While on a trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco in 100-degree weather, the GT's HVAC system regulated the cabin temperature (set to 75 degrees) by blowing hot air, then cold, then hot, and so on. Even on the return trip (in 75-degree temperatures), the system repeated the scenario. Shouldn't it blow temperate air? On a visit to the dealer service department, we demonstrated the problem to the shop foreman--but the car was handed back to us with no work performed and "normal operation" written on the repair order."

Mine does this exact same thing! Just had the chance to use the air over the past week and I was wondering if this is a known issue?

Thanks

They all work like that and it SUCKS. I will do something about it soon.

There's nothing worse than to be hit by intermittent blasts of unaltered outside air. Well, except maybe that the damn thing also doesn't cool while stopped so I get hot humid air while I wait at a redlight.

I just noticed this today...very hot day....set at about 72 both sides..it's like it suddenly blows a pulse of hot, humid air, then shifts back to cold air. I just knocked it down to 70, set the fan speed slightly lower, and it stopped.

I suspect I may have had the fan speed set to manual even with the auto indicator on initially, and the temperature control was just trying to do it's think within the rules I set for it. Supposed to be over 100 in the NE tomorrow..I'll see if I can duplicate it.

They all work like that and it SUCKS. I will do something about it soon.

There's nothing worse than to be hit by intermittent blasts of unaltered outside air. Well, except maybe that the damn thing also doesn't cool while stopped so I get hot humid air while I wait at a redlight.

So whatcha gonna do? A fix of some sort?

I'm going to find out why it does that and then prevent it. First is the "fan on the interior temp sensor" mod to see if that helps. If not, I'll monitor the controls of the blend door and see when/why it does the "warm air blast". Then I'll be able to put a delay or something on the control that prevents the door from moving during that time.

As far as not having AC while stopped, I'm going to make sure the AC fan is on during that time and then will look into replacing it with a larger fan. Air is ice cold as soon as the car moves so it won't take much.

Archived