LegacyGT.com

Half boost???

monkonmonk

Hey guys,

I have been trying to read a bit lately on boost leaks and such as that is what I thought was wrong with my car. It all started yesterday, I noticed that the car felt a bit slower. I started watching my lossol built boost gauge and saw that in all modes I was only reaching half of the targeted boost. I also confirmed that in 'S' and 'S#' I also was only reaching half of the targeted boost. 4psi in 'I' mode and about 9-10psi in 'S' and 'S#'.

I am currently Stg2 with an Infamous tune, AVO panel, AVO TMIC, Cobb DP, SPT SBE.

I am getting no strange noises from the car such as would be suspsect from a boost leak. But, I would think that with a boost leak I would be able to maintain some certain pressure for both I mode and S mode. Seeing as how they are different makes me think it is something else.

On the way to work this morning I took a LV after I go to work, about 4.4 miles. The log is just before the learning view in which I tried to capture if anything was going on with the car. S# pull limited by traffic.

Any ideas?

Jason

Any ideas?

1139715568_LV_9-13-201175157AMAFTERCOFFEE.jpg.e536b450804a28a7a241bdcc52909861.jpg

romraiderlog_20110913_074545.csv

I will go out to the parking lot and give those a look. no noise whatsoever. Car sounds normal other than holding itself back.

The other strange thing is yesterday for about a 1.0 miles stretch the car drove normal with normal boost levels and I thought everything was fixed. Drove it again about 3 hours later and back to 'limp mode' (learn something new everyday! - thanks compsurge).

Monk

I am all too familiar with limp mode.

You will need to do some logging. Your knock sum seems to stay steady under load, which is good; however, do some low load logging when you get a chance.

Check/clean your MAF as well (just an easy thing to check). How are plugs?

Another place to check for leaks is post intercooler - do you have an AVO tb hose?

Also check the infamous T pressure line under the intercooler (will require removal of the intercooler most likely). It has a tendency to blow off if not zip tied.

I am all too familiar with limp mode.

You will need to do some logging. Your knock sum seems to stay steady under load, which is good; however, do some low load logging when you get a chance.

Check/clean your MAF as well (just an easy thing to check). How are plugs?

Another place to check for leaks is post intercooler - do you have an AVO tb hose?

Also check the infamous T pressure line under the intercooler (will require removal of the intercooler most likely). It has a tendency to blow off if not zip tied.

I can do some low load logging at lunch. As well as clean the MAF sensor. No AVO TB hose for me, just the factory one.

I will confirm the T-pressure line under the TMIC, but I am pretty sure I remember zip-tying that one.

limp mode makes you run wastegate boost, usually 6psi or so. So the cause of the holding back could be something else. also, enable the DTC code reader at the bottom of LV

I will do that at lunch.

Thanks for all the quick replies, fellas.

Monk

After the ECU Reset, I immediately took a learning view to show the 0.75 IAM. Then, I took some wide open logs as shown, again limited by traffic and posted speed limits. Lastly, I arrived at work and took another LV, which was 0.6875.

I found no hoses to be disconnected or anything amiss. I did not have time to remove the TMIC just yet, but I was at least back to somewhat normal boost levels after the reset.

I seemed to have missed the new LV. Can I just go back out to the car and take it again, even though i shut the car off?

Monk

282991944_LearningView_SS_9-13-2011121727PM.jpg.50755e63b740d9d1a465288a5325dc6a.jpg

1153556163_LearningView_SS_9-13-2011125217PM.jpg.749fe58a378c2c64f1096d1de76ecfce.jpg

how long has it been acting up like this? have you ever done a LV before this episode? real bad gas can cause knock all over the place. seeing a -1.40 means it knocked very recently. the ecu slowly attempts to advance timing....so seeing anything closer to 0 from -1.40 means the ecu added that timing. seeing -2.80 means you knocked twice very recently. essentially everytime your knock sensor triggers, it pulls -1.40...so by simple math...you can determine where's you're at.

It started acting like this yesterday. Last I drove it before that was Friday and it was just fine. Nothing wrong. I simply started in Monday morning, drove to work and had the lower boost happen. No LV since the final revision of the tune. Infamous informed to take one once the weather cooled down since my tune was done in high heat and humidity. But, it is still hot here in OH.

I will add the LV from right after the tune.

Monk

Archived