LegacyGT.com

Run Mode Change System Check

I did a search and came up with its something with the electrical system.

I recently had my 2008 5EAT up on stands for 3 weeks to replace the turbo. When I finally had everything put back together, the battery was dead. When I jumped it, I came up with a flashing on the dash and the car displaying "Run Mode Change System Check." I went to Autozone and they tested the electrical system and it all checked out; battery, alternator, starter, etc. The car will always turn over, but it takes holding the key over for a few seconds longer than normal. I also have an oil leak to track down and fix, but I don't think its related.

I haven't had a chance to get the car tuned for everything I did, so maybe one of the new mods is the culprit. The current tune is for a standard stage 2 with upgraded TMIC

Here's what I've got, the items with "new" next to them have never been tuned for, since they were just installed.

BNR TD05H-18g (New)

RacerX FMIC (New)

Walbro 255 (New)

Invidia Catless DP

Stock Injectors (will be maxing these out when I tune it to keep myself from going nuts and shattering my 5EAT until ClimberD can mod the 08 valve body)

It's cool; I'm with the band

I too found that thread, but my battery checked out just fine when I stopped in at autozone. Someone else's turned out to be a fried ECU.

So it could be any number of things, I didn't know if anybody could look at my mod list and know right off if something I just added would cause my issue.

It's cool; I'm with the band

Archived