LegacyGT.com

Dash-Trunk RCA Install Length Question (Legacy Sedan)

ksnh

I have a deck/speakers/amps install coming up this weekend, and want to pick people's brains for the typical RCA interconnect length for a Legacy sedan. I'm asking because any monkey can guesstimate with a tape measure, but real feedback is always better. The cables will go from the back of the deck in the dash to just past the rear seats via the door sills, and where the amps will be mounted to a single-sub box that will need enough slack to move left or right when split-seat fold down is required. I'm figuring 2'-3' extra cable length to allow that movement.

Also, when running 3 pair of cables (or one twin pair and a single) below the doors, is cable thickness a factor vs. tunnel space, or can I use plump, flexible Monoprice-type cables?

TIA!

I just replaced one set of RCA cables in my 05 LGT and went with the Kicker 16.5 foot cables I bought at Best Buy. I had about 2 or 3 feet extra I believe. This was from my Cleansweep in the passenger footwell to the amp mounted on the back of my rear passenger side seat. If you have a newer Legacy, they are longer I believe than my 05, plus you are going a little farther to get to the dash. Probably should go up to the next size (20 feet I think) to be safe, but maybe others with newer Legacies can chime in on lengths they have used.

-Neil

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

And this was all down the passenger side sills,btw. Decent amount of room for running cable.

-Neil

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Thanks much! I'm going to need more length than I'd rough-measured.

No problem. I was just thinking, one thing you could do is just lay out a piece of string from the dash to the trunk along your intended path for running the wires (maybe tape it in place), and then measure the string. Maybe give a couple of extra feet to account for some added slack. When I ran mine, I did have about 2-3 feet extra which is bundled up under the rear seat.

-Neil

Archived