LegacyGT.com

All PA folks....A quick question....please..!!

Ridgeracer

Hey all PA people. Have any of you been to Dorney Park.?? If so, whats the best time to go so my friends and I can get on all or most of the rides. I really hate long lines for rides. Also I don't want to go to the water park just the amusement park. Thanks in advance.
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Even if you hate lines, it's worth the wait to go to Six Flags GA instead. Rides are much better (and more numerous). Pay for the express ticket on a couple of the key rides (like Kingda Ka), and wait on some of the others (which will have a little shorter lines since Kingda Ka will be attracting everyone). Other option is to get there when they first open, and make the mad dash.

Dorney's OK, but only a couple of the rides are worth the wait, vs. six or more rides at Six Flags...

But at Six Flags, make sure you've gotten adequate number or rides on the big stuff by dusk, as that's when all the teens come in droves....

I was considering Six Flags but most of my friends can't go during the weekdays because they have to work (yes I work too but rotating days). What if you get there as soon as they open. Would you be able to get on at least 4-5 good rides.?
"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Haha not sure about Dorney Park or anything but I from my experiences with Six Flags (the one in NJ) if you go in right when it opens you can beat out the really long exhausting lines. When I went Superman was just recently opened and we only had to wait maybe 20 minutes. We also got in a few more rides before the lines really started to form.

I've been going there for years!

Like these guys have said, go during the week, as it will be less crowded. Though I have found that it never gets overly crowded regardless of what time you go (as in, I've never waited more than an hour for the big coasters).

Seeing what the weather will be like for the next few days in PA, I'd reconsider the waterpark. It's really nice (and big) and will help on those 90-plus days.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Archived