LegacyGT.com

This is the month to start considering your Winter Detailing prep...

It is definitely a good winter prep wax. I would just suggest applying it as late into the season as you can. Maybe October just to give it as much chance against the elements as possible. In my area the worst of the weather doesn't come till January, but by then it is way too late to get any protection on the paint, so for some of my clients here I'll do a fall prep in early October and then put another coat on the first chance we get on a day above 50 in December for good measure. On my personal vehicle I use a proven long lasting sealant (Klasse) and put three or four coats on starting in September and adding a coat every weekend until weather doesn't cooperate with me. Maybe a nice top coat of a wax like Wolfgang Fuzion just for looks, but protection is the key. It doesn't get much better than rock hard acrylic or ceramic sealants.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really like Megs ULW. Honestly, I was crazy busy this spring and then it got rediculiously hot out so I haven't waxed, clayed, polsihed etc either of my cars since around this time last year. My 06 still looks pretty good and water still beads. My 98 is a bit duller, but it has gotten less washes and applications of Megs USW inbetween too. The paint isn't as nice to start off either though.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 2 weeks later...

so suming up this thread looks like vote in terms of long lasting sealants goes to:

1) wolfgang

http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html

2) Klasse

http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss.html

3) NSX

what about thos one? I heard raves on lots of cars forums about it's durability and used it myself. Works well, hard to tell how long it lasts though.

http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-insulator-wax-845.html?gclid=CKehmcXe9rICFQpgMgodeDEAOA

meh... it sort of varies. For swirl removal it really depends on the type of pad and polish and how that is working on the swirls. I have to say it is kind of a learn as you go kind of thing. The reason these machines have different speeds is because every job is a little different. I will say that typically I start the polish out on a 3 with the PC and then bump it up to a 4.5 or 5 for the swirl removal. That usually does the trick using a mid level polish and a standard cutting pad.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived