LegacyGT.com

2002 Legacy fuel problem?

chelle

My 2002 Legacy has 40,000 miles. One day, I thought I got a bad tank of gas when my vehicle started "jerking". After adding dry gas, it stopped, so I thought the problem was solved. A week later, when I had less than 1/4 tank of gas, it started again. Now it is shaking and acting like it is not getting fuel with over half a tank of gas. I've had the fuel filter changed, but the problem is still occurring. It seems to have more power now. Before, I could floor the gas pedal and have very little power. Yet, it still acts like it is not getting fuel to go. Any ideas? I have a service date scheduled and really hope not to have a huge bill since my car is just out of warranty (wouldn't ya figure). Thanks.

Is there any fuel leaks or can you smell fuel coming from any spot? Hmm, had a similar thing in an older Geo Prism back in the day but couldn't source the problem. The [url=forums.nasioc.com]NASIOC[/url] Legacy forums may be able to pinpoint it a bit better than here as we are just starting to build a good member base and the very tech knowledage people are still few and far between. Hopefully the service checkup will pinpoint the problem with minimal finances required. Welcome to our little corner of the internet. :)

Archived