LegacyGT.com

OEM nav question

sadd16

I've recently been considering the jdm hvac mod to put in my Pioneer x920BT but found out the bezel is damn expensive.

I'm trying to consider other options. I like the look of OEM, so I was considering buying the OEM screen with the bezel and buy either the subaru factory navigation or some alternative. I do like the info screen that the OEM one shows.

I cannot for the life of me find where to buy the OEM nav screen.

I have a 2006 Subaru Legacy GT in manual. I also never understood why the OEM nav unit was not available for the manual version of my car. Anyone know why?

Coming from an owner of one, the nav unit sucks. It's the same Kenwood unit Lexus used back in the late 90s-early 2000s. The map graphics look old and dated, the guidance is awful compared to any modern OEM unit or aftermarket unit, it lacks many features of a newer unit and the info screen is really just a useless gimmick. I'd save the money and pass on attempting a retrofit of it.

I did the swap with an aftermarket Kenwood unit. Keeps the OEM screen, and uses Garmin Nav software. Works great.

The only part of the oem info screen I use is the service reminders.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived