LegacyGT.com

What the heck happened?

(Car 2007 LGT) I bought a Grimmspeed header from a fellow member here installed it all with new subaru gaskets. I have a ipr tmic that i test fitted but didn't have a gasket from the turbo to intercooler so i put the stock ic back on. now the car wont boost past 10psi, drops to 7psi i hear a flutter at load,

I checked everything.. i changed to t-clamps on the Throttle body hose, took off and on the TB donut ring vacuum lines are in tact, i am sure its a boost leak just cant find it. there is no exhaust leaks from the header no smell or moisture but i do not think the header is the problem ?. only thing i can think of is the stock bpv ? are they known to give? need i remind everyone this started as soon as i tested the tmic and installed the header.

day 2 of this issues - was up and down on the forums before i posted my problem

Thanks for the help-- i figured it out finally-- i just decided to put the stock header back and now its holding boost no flutter... i guess the extra flow in the manifold left the waste gate open.

vf40 does not have a waste gate adjustment-- does anyone know when i get my vf52 will it cause the same problem?

or if anyone on here is have this issue with headers, i do not seem to see any posts about this..

Thanks in advance..:eek:

Thanks for the input but I cant think of any other explanation, my buddy who builds rally cars said if it was an exhaust leak i would smell fumes or make noise at idle (which i didn't have) the car ran like crap at load just about when it builds boost it flutters - all i know is when i put stock header back its good again.

i pulled this from grimmspeeds site

"You may need to tighten your turbo waste gate arm because of the higher flow. Start by tightening the wastegate one full turn and then test where you are at. Repeat if necessary."

I'll guess i have to pick up an AVO waste gate.

no no no the header is not going to do that ... some thing else

Archived