LegacyGT.com

Ipod and Sirius installed via FM transmitter with good quality sound

jadegior

Without going through any of the issues of direct connecting to audio unit, I have been successful in installing both an Ipod and Sirius receiver using built in FM transmitter(s). Yes, the sound quality is very good.

The key is the quality of the FM transmitter.

I have tried several Ipod transmitters including Itrip and Airplay - both give poor results.

The answer is TransPod docking station with built in transmitter. Comes with a host of automobile mounting arms. The unit is available online or at Best Buy, a bit expensive ($100), but works great.

Tried several Sat receivers using built in transmitters (both XM and Sirius). The only Sat receiver with usable FM transmitter is Kenwood H2EC (Crutchfield). Sound quality is very good. Mounted unit on lower left hand windshield.

Installation for both units was fairly simple since I didn't have to mess with antenna input for direct connect FM modulator. Don't know if an FM modulator with two audio inputs is available in any case!!

Possible other equipment will give simialr results, but I wanted to share my success.

Archived