LegacyGT.com

04 sti wheels from this website?

06LegacyRBP

What is the difference between a wheel and a rim?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Is there a difference?

Don't you think someone you are willing to spend $500 with should know that?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Oem is silver and gold. Wheel is just another name rim. Just different jargon. Which I'm sure you knew. Rims is generally used when referring to aftermarket. Wheel is generally used when referring to oem equipment.
____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

Oem is silver and gold. Wheel is just another name rim. Just different jargon. Which I'm sure you knew. Rims is generally used when referring to aftermarket. Wheel is generally used when referring to oem equipment.

Vice versa, rim is slang for wheel. If you're ghetto you refer to wheels as "reemz". Typically ricers and herra frush tools refer to wheels as rims.

Technically, the rim is a part of the wheel. Sorry, pet peeve. :mad:

Rim is actually another term for what is called the "barrel". This is really only important when talking about multi-piece wheels, where there would be:

1. Barrel / Rim

2. Face / Center / Spokes

3. Lip (on a 3 piece wheel)

But now it's just another slang term for wheel, just like all the other idiotic terms: shoes, dubs, rimz, mags (which is actually a term for Magnesium wheels, which are only used in expensive race wheels), etc.

I tried to contact this Co. via there website and it got kicked back after 4 hrs of trying. Tried to call too, message says they ony do business via the website.! 1 BBS is $245 1 is $115 I'm assuming 1 is a knockoff and 1 is a refinished OEM wheel. Either way this seller seems sketchy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived