LegacyGT.com

That bitch Irene took my power, when did she take yours?

BigBlack-V

chances are, theyre probably running their fridges and sumps and other necessities. how about you stop being a girl and get some ear plugs if you really cant sleep

I wish I was a girl, two tits and a vag and you have life by the balls, literally. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lost power from Sunday afternoon till last night. Quietly reading a book by candlelight when everything in my appt turned on all at once. Honestly I was kind of enjoying the early bedtimes and lack of light pollution in my neighborhood...

lost power from sunday afternoon till last night. Quietly reading a book by candlelight when everything in my appt turned on all at once. Honestly i was kind of enjoying the early bedtimes and lack of light pollution in my neighborhood...

:lol: I was just telling someone how with no power i couldn't see any reason to stay awake in the dark, so i was getting to bed at like 8:30 ish and loving it. Now that i have power again, i can see myself going back to my midnight bedtime

I can't sleep with the rattle of generators running all night thru the neighborhood. WTF? Shut it off when you go to asleep, run it all day?

Murat, Yamaha, Honda and Generac are the quietest and very efficent. My Generac will run 10-12 hours on 3 gallons of gas! Call me if you need help feeding it into your house. I can show you my set up, goes right into the fuse block and feeds 120V to both sides.

Thanks Paul, just ordered Yamaha like this one :

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EF2000iS-4-Stroke-Generator-Compliant/dp/B002RWK9N2/ref=pd_sim_ol_4]Amazon.com: Yamaha EF2000iS 2,000 Watt 79cc OHV 4-Stroke Gas Powered Portable Inverter Generator (CARB Compliant): Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I will try to hook up my current generator via dryer as temp solution, but ideally I want to have something like yours. Do you have switch box or something like that ?

And yes, people started to shut off their generators after 10 or 11PM in my area, too noisy at night. Fridge has no problems staying off overnight so I just restart my gen in the morning.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Mentioned in the other Irene thread that I was still running on my generator. Lost power at around 11 on sunday and didn't have the generator until tuesday. As of this afternoon, there is still a section of back roads in glocester that has a section with two big trees down in the road along with a telephone pole. Wires all over creation. Fortunately, our house came with a generator hookup so all we had to do is plug the 240v connector into the wall to get the boiler and well pump up and running. It may be a little bit of a pain to be running off the generator but I feel very lucky to have almost all my normal toys up and working when some people lost their homes. Best of luck to everyone and I hope you get your power back up and running.

last night they brought power within a mile from my house. Really hoping to get it today but can't be sure. The transfer box is my next investment - feel it's more important than suspension braces for my LGT !!!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I got power back on Wednesday night at around 7 PM... was out since sunday at 7am... Just bought a generator wednesday at 1pm so it was running for 5 hours before I got power back. Kinda glad I got power and I'll have the generator now for any future storm issues. I just need to set it up in the garage and have it backfeed into the house. I only wanted my furnace and fridges running, but it was a nice plus that the Directv still worked since there are no wires associated ;)

My parents are still out in Canterbury.

Archived